Petersburg Virginia
as captured thru the lens of
John A. Rooney Jr.
Page II
John's Home Page
Old Towne Links
Petersburg
Page III
Old Towne
Photo Page 3
Petersburg
~ The Siege Museum ~
~1839-1841~
Bank Street
(Formally The Exchange Building)
~ McIlwaine House ~
~circa 1815~
Old Street
(Petersburg Visitor Center)
~ The Oak Antique Mall ~
N. Sycamore & Bollingbrook Streets
~ Workers Cottages ~
~circa 1830-1853~
Plum Street
~ John Baird Jr. House ~
~1785~
Grove Avenue
(Now home to the Historic Petersburg Foundation)
~ The High Street Inn ~
John A. Gill House - 1893
(Bed & Breakfast)
~ North Sycamore at Old Street ~
~ Appomattox Iron Works ~
Old Street
Home of The Camaron Foundation
~ Petersburg Chamber of Commerce ~
Circa 1805
East Washington Street
~ Southside Depot ~
Built in 1854-55 much in-part with both free and slave labor, it is believed to be the oldest Antebellum Railroad station in the state of Virginia.  It was here on April 2, 1865 that Lee began his Army of Northern Virginia retreat to Appomattox.
~ The Brickhouse Run Eatery and English Pub  ~
~ Appomattox Regional Governors School ~
West Washington Street
~ Trapezium House ~
Market Street
Charles O'Hara built this house in 1817 without parallel walls because, as legend has it, he was told by his West Indian servant that such a house could not harbor evil spirits.  Or, was it simply that the lot was of odd angles?
~ Longstreet's ~
North Sycamore Street
~ Union Station ~
~1909~
River Street
~ Petersburg Home for Ladies ~
Jefferson Street